Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation is supporting Ohio agriculture with five grants totaling $20,700 to organizations and local communities. The foundation’s Action & Awareness grants focus on four core areas: economic development, education, environment and the human-animal bond.
Grant recipients include:
• AgriPower, to support two scholarships for Ohio Farm Bureau’s intensive, year-long leadership program for farmers and agribusiness professionals
• Crown Point Ecology Center, to help convert an existing building into a honey extraction and beeswax processing facility that will be available to local northeastern Ohio beekeepers
• Friends of the Juvenile Court in Clinton County, to help expand an existing program that pairs at-risk youth with local farmers through the 4-H process
• Ohio Energy Project, to support its Energy Sources Tour and Energy Sources Blitz programs that give teachers behind-the-scenes access to the energy industry
• Ohio Hop Growers Guild, to support its 2019 Ohio Hop Conference in January
The next application cycle for an Action & Awareness Grant is Jan. 1 to April 30. Grants may be used for general support, startup funding for new organizations, program expansion, or capital for equipment necessary to implement eligible programs. Learn more at the OFB's Action & Awareness Grants webpage.